Tuesday, April 11

Portraits of the Girls

I thought that I would sit down at my computer this afternoon to post new portraits of my beautiful girls. M has not had a portrait done yet and we’ve been home with her for almost 5 months. The last portrait that we have of E is at age two and she is now 3. My plan was to get a portrait of M to use on adoption announcements. Yup, home for five months and no announcements have gone out yet. Then, I wanted to get a spring portrait of the girls together and if I still had the energy a 3 year old portrait of E. Unfortunately, I have no photos to post. Nope! Not one! Why? My dear darling usually happy go lucky 15 month old, M decided that she was going to start screaming and crying as soon as we entered the studio. I gave it my best effort to get her to calm down as I tried to stem the flow of tears, snot and drool. The photographer was so nice and I think that he pulled out every trick that he knew to get her to stop crying. We even tried to pose a photo of the three of us together. No such luck! She just clung to me, shook her head and kept on saying, “Mama.” I don’t know if she thought that we were at a doctor’s office because she screamed like this at the Pediatric Ophthalmologist two weeks ago and at the Pediatrician last week, but there was no consoling her until we walked out the door. Then, she was back to her happy little self. I was not in such a good mood and I was sweating like it was August in Texas. So, my next hope is that bluebonnets will soon bloom in North Texas and we can get at least one good photo. I’m sure I’ll shoot at least a hundred trying for that one good one! Sigh…