Saturday, September 23

Fall Into Reading Challenge

I love to read and I also enjoy watching television. However, I recently noticed that I have been spending more time watching television instead of reading…even before I had this surgery. With the start of the fall season of television, I decided that I was going to limit my television watching to Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. Only two totally frivolous and scandalous shows can’t be too bad!

Well, imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon the Fall Into Reading Challenge being hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days. The purpose of the challenge is to encourage “you to set goals for your personal and/or family reading.” To participate, make a list of the books that you want to read between September 23rd and December 21st, post the list on your blog and leave a link to your post at Callapidder Days. At the end of the challenge we’ll share our results.

Here is my list…

The Kitchen God’s Wife by Amy Tan (I actually have to finish this book by October 8th because it is due at the library on that date and I’ve already renewed it once)
Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron
A Love Like No Other: Stories from Adoptive Parents by Pamela Kruger and Jill Smolowe
The Mommy Manual: Planting Roots That Give Your Children Wings by Barbara Curtis (I’ve been reading Barbara’s blog off and on for a few months and after reading the glowing reviews on Amazon today, I put the book on hold at my library!)
Beyond Good Intentions: A Mother Reflects On Raising Internationally Adopted Children by Cheri Register (I have requested that my public library purchase this book. Hopefully they will before December!)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Both my girls love Pooh, so I’ve decided that I’m going to read a few pages to them each night before bed.)
The Tale of Despereaux: being the story of a mouse, a princess, some soup, and a spool of thread by Kate DiCamillo (I’ll start this with Emily after we finish Winnie the Pooh with Mia and I’ll find another book to share with Mia. Hopefully, it will be available at the library by then.)

And, if I finish these before December 21st, I’ll add more because I have a list two pages long! If you would like to join us, sign up at Callapidder Days. Oh! And, if you sign up before Sunday night, you'll be entered to win a $10 gift certificate to Amazon...so you can buy more books!