Wednesday, March 12

My Protector

Today, I'm sharing a layout featuring my protector, my sweet puppy and fur baby, Hattie.And, a little story about Hattie...Chuck has been out of town this week and we have always said that Hattie acts differently when he is away. She is more protective and has a different, fiercer kind of bark when someone comes to the door and Daddy isn't here.

Yesterday morning...around 3:50 something, Hattie launched me out of bed with a bark that I have never heard. Someone had opened my bedroom door. Thankfully, she is so in tune that she immediately realized that it was Emily standing at the door and stopped.

I have no worries that anyone who dares enter our house without being invited will not live to tell about it!

Needless to say that I was up for the day after that wake up! My heart was pounding and the adrenaline was pumping...it was awhile before I needed any coffee yesterday!

Journaling on the layout: We had no idea what to expect when we chose you the 2nd day of 2002. You were named "Girlfriend". You were timid and covered with the remnants of a horrible case of fleas. You had a scab on your nose and no whiskers from a month of sticking your nose through the fence on your cage at the SPCA. You were the only dog who was not barking. You just sat with a sad look waiting for a family to choose you. It was estimated that you were about 2-1/2 years old. We later learned that you were horribly abused and in need of much love. We brought you home and renamed you Hattie. You have given us so much more than we could have ever expected.

Credits: Papers, bow & buttons from Autumn Beauty by designs by krista FREEBIE from HEYITSJUSTME-KRISTA.BLOGSPOT.COM-9/2007; frame, tag & alpha from Altered Book Kit 1 by Jackie Eckles (Little Dreamer Designs); half circle text template from Jessica Sprague.