Saturday, March 15

This and That and A Little More of This

A miscellaneous hodge-podge of stuff from the House o' Glamour…

Emily went to see her ENT on Monday. She doesn’t have to go back for a year unless the frequent illnesses start again. She has been sleeping so well that I have had to wake her up for school every day this week. This is the kid who was getting up at 5 AM. We’re wondering if she’s sleeping longer because she isn’t waking up all congested and having a hard time breathing when she was laying down. Whatever the cause, the result is an entirely new morning routine at the House o’ Glamour!

I had a small mishap with the garage door this week. Ever since we got the van, I’ve been afraid that I wouldn’t pull far enough into the garage and the door would close on the van. Well, it happened! As the garage door slid not so smoothly down the back of my van, I felt like I was moving in slow motion to get my hand up to push the button to stop the door from moving. It’s not pretty. My darling hubby was very understanding…after all he did back the van into his father’s car just weeks after I got the van!

I have a goal/mission/desire/hope to lose 15 lbs. before my 45th birthday. For some reason, thinking about this milestone birthday is getting to me. I was totally fine with 30 and 40 was a lot of fun…I was getting ready to become a mom for the first time. But, 45 is weighing heavy on me. The muffin top that is protruding over the top of my pants is not helping. So, I’m going to lose 15 lbs. before I turn 45 on May 27th. That’s 72 days from today…10 weeks and 2 days…that would mean that I will have to lose about 1.5 lbs. per week. I can do that! Bye-bye muffin top!

The guest room is all tidy and I love it again!

The girls ask me if they can sleep together every night when we’re getting ready for bed. Emily does have a bunk bed in her room and they do quite well when Mia “has a sleep over” in Emily’s room. Hmmmm…maybe a craft room is in my future sooner than I thought!

We’re all going out for dinner tonight and then, to do a little shopping. I’m so excited! I feel like I’m going on a date because I will have someone over the age of 5 to talk with over dinner. I’ve missed my hubby this week!

To close, here’s a layout that I did for a ScrapArtist challenge last week. The challenge: "Look around and find something special that speaks to your heart...This special something should have no monetary value. Journal a story about why this is so special to you. Speak to the person that will receive this item after your gone! Remember to tell them how to care for it too." I scrapped about my Grammy’s button box.

Journaling: I remember looking through this button box when I was a little girl. It belonged to my Grammy; your Grammy's mother; your Great Grandmother. Soon after Emily learned how to count, I asked your Grammy if I could have the button box so that we could use the buttons to pratice counting, matching and making patterns. I still enjoy looking at all the different types of buttons collected in this box over the years. I hope that both of you will have fond memories of Grammy's button box. Enjoy looking at them, imagining who's dress or jacket once held each button. Use them for your crafts or school projects and add to the box too. Mostly, I want you to share Grammy's button box with your children when I am the Grammy.

Papers: Amanda Rockwell & Eva Kipler, Made of Awesome (solid beige paper recolored for journaling); Alpha: Nancie Rowe Janitz, Shmootzy Alpha 2 - both from ScrapArtist.com; Font: CK-Ali's Writing