Tuesday, June 6

Sea World Highlights & Photos...Finally!

I finally have the laundry done and everything put away from our trip to San Antonio. Here are the highlights and lowlights from our trip...

The Highlights...

For the first time Emily asked, "Are we there yet?" about 30 minutes after we left home. We just had to laugh and then quickly pop in a DVD.















Mia's first Whataburger!















I finally got to see the Alamo. We only took a quick stroll around outside, but some day I will torture my children with the tour and a stroll through the museum. I did a lot of research on the Alamo for the History of Texas class that I had to take to get my teaching certificate, so I am intrigued with the place! I know...I'm such a dork!













And, I finally got to stroll along the River Walk in San Antonio!













And, have a margarita...okay two margaritas!

Taking a boat ride. Emily was mostly interested in swimming with the ducks (Eeew!) and Mia wanted to get off of me to sit on the floor of the boat (Yuck!). But, it was a fun tour of the River Walk!













Spending two days playing at Sea World with Erin, Bob and Mollianne...as well as Shamu and all his friends!


























Mia shreaking "Oooooh!" and clapping her hands the first time she saw Shamu jump out of the water...and doing it again and again all day including when the waiter at Papasido's brought a basket of chips. Erin and I squealed with delight when he delivered our margaritas!

Watching Emily and Chuck along with Bob and Mollianne play at Shamu's Happy Harbor













The Anheuser-Busch Hospitality House. Chuck and Bob going to Beer School, which sounded more like an hour of drinking a flight of six beers and having snacks! I guess the deserved it after chasing the girls in the happy harbor.













Napping on the go...Mia is not looking at something on the ground, she is sound asleep!














Emily's first rollercoaster ride...she loved it!















Emily petting one of the anheuser-Bush Clydesdales - his head was bigger than Emily! We thought that he was going to give her a big sloppy kiss in this photo.














Seeing Natalie, the donkey who dreamed of being a Clydesdale and who now lives and trains with the famous Clydesdales. We were reminded that dreams do come true!

Feeding the dolphins, which was so cool! Thanks for spending $4 on 4 smelly sardines, Daddy!

Best friends taking a break!
Shamu cups...

Lots of water...

Seeking out shade...

Great friends...

Big laughs...

Good night's sleep...


Cooling off at the Lost Lagoon with at least two thousand of our closest friends, but the girls loved it! No need for photos from Lost Lagoon...

The Lowlights...

The rock that hit my windshield taking out a big chunk and starting a crack that is now conveniently moving right across my line of vision. Bummer!

Hearing Emily say, "I don't want to go home yet."

Mollianne being too small to ride the rollercoaster...next year little peanut!

You'll notice that the highlights far outnumber the lowlights...it was an awesome trip! We were dragging ass tired when we got home on Sunday night, but it was well worth it. While there were a few meltdowns, they were minor. All the girlies (including me and Erin) were generally quite well behaved and most importantly...they had a blast!