Tuesday, June 13

WFMW - Packing Earrings and Necklaces for Travel

For several weeks I've been reading Works-for-Me Wednesday tips over at Rocks in My Dryer. What a great idea -- to share what works for us with each other! Until this morning I thought that I didn't have anything to share. But as I packed to go on a mini-vacation with my husband, I realized that I do have something that works for me that might be a good idea to someone else.

This is a little trick that I picked up before I had children and traveled for work A LOT. I'm an accessory junkie (I'm talking necklaces and earrings...nothing too flashy!) and love to wear different accessories with each outfit (remember that this was before I had children...my every day accessories now include my watch, jade bracelet, engagement ring, wedding band and the same earrings EVERY DAY). Since I'm going away for five days without children, I took great care packing the outfits and accessories that I would wear while we spend our days touring wineries in California. (smile) Now that y'all hate me, here comes what works for me...When I select the accessories that I'm going to wear with a particular outfit, I put them into a small plastic bag and tuck the bag into the pocket of the skirt or pants. So when I get dressed in the morning, the accessories are right there ready to be put on. Works for me!

I also swear by Pack-Mates when I travel. Not only can you fit more into your suitcase, but your clothes are protected from any spills that hopefully don't, but may occur inside your luggage.

Go check out more ideas at Rocks in my Dryer!