Monday, December 25

Merry Christmas!

I'm quite sure that Emily was starting to think the Christmas Day was never going to arrive. Last night when I put her to bed, she asked me at least a hundred questions trying to confirm that Santa was indeed going to arrive that night while she slept. I finally convinced her that he was just around the corner and we had to get to sleep. Even though we put up a gate in the hallway, so she couldn't get into the game room if she got up before everyone else, I told her that she had to stay in her room until Mommy or Daddy came to get her in the morning. I told her that if she woke up and couldn't get back to sleep that she could turn on her light and read books. She must have woke up very early because when Chuck went to get her a little after 7 AM, she was laying on her sofa sound asleep with the light on and a pile of books on her lap!

Santa brought the girls several new DVDs including Mary Poppins (a Mommy favorite) and Mulan. Emily received a pink and purple Leapster L-MAX and Mia received a Little Touch Leap Pad. There were also books, slippers, new toothbrushes and toothpaste (how did Santa know that Mommy has been struggling to get the last of the toothpast out of the tube). And, most exciting...a play kitchen from Grammy and Pop Pop!

Here is the unveiling of the play kitchen.



They have been busy creating culinary delights ever since!

My Santa gave me this (But, my new one is the 124 square inch version. I broke the last one I had -- surprised?) as well as this and this. I think that he looks for gifts every year that will make me teary-eyed...he did it again this year! I've looked at these oil paintings several times, but never mentioned them to Chuck, so he really surprised me this year!

Chuck's Santa made him a small travel sized photo album of photos of the girls. He also received a DVD (The Davinci Code) and Chris Daughtry's debut CD as well as this and this. He's probably sorry that he mentioned that his New Year's Resolution is going to be to read more.

The girls had a great time and so did we! Merry Christmas y'all!