Friday, May 11

Eight is Great!

I cannot let this week come to an end without mentioning that Chuck and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on Tuesday.

It seems like just yesterday that I met Kathy on a bus on my way to the Fort Lauderdale Convention Center and she would introduce me to my future husband. We both started working for SAP America on January 5, 1998, which also happened to be the kick off of the Annual Sales Meeting. During that week, we met a lot of new people, we tried to figure out our place in this huge company and kept coming back to chat with each other. There was definitely a spark of interest there (although he insists that he knew he was going to marry me), but there was a bit of a challenge – he lived in Texas and I lived in Boston. Our friendship grew and we embarked on our long distance romance. Many flights back and forth between Texas, Boston, Philadelphia and a few other locations confirmed that distance could not keep us apart.

Chuck surprised me with his proposal for his birthday in July 1998. By October, I packed up my life in Boston and headed south…never looking back! I planned our wedding in six short months in a brand new city and our life as husband and wife began. We had a wonderful small wedding that I will never forget.

Now eight years later, I’ve replaced the corporate world with my glamorous life as a stay at home mom who is rarely home! We added two beautiful daughters and our lovable dog to our family. We’ve had our ups and downs and twists and turns, but I wouldn’t change a thing. It’s all perfectly perfect!

Honey, there are not enough or adequate words in the English language to describe how much I love you. As our day to day activities fill the hours in our day I don’t always tell you how much you mean to me, but as much as those activities fill the hours, my love for you and our children fills my heart.