Sunday, July 29

This and That

I'm long overdue on an update with photos and I know that Grammy and Pop Pop are probably about ready to start dropping some (not so) subtle hints!

We celebrated Chuck's (Daddy to the Glamour Girls) birthday on the 19th. Emily and I made a cake in the afternoon. We sang Happy Birthday and enjoyed our yummy cake after dinner.
Mia adores her Daddy...
Chuck got a new watch for his birthday, but he had also mentioned Guitar Hero for our PS2. A little background...our friends Robyn and Paul own Guitar Hero and we've played it a few times when we all got together. Little did I know that my husband is a ROCK STAR! He totally rocks at this game! So, I decided to get it for him, but I also wanted to get him a new Men's Devotional Bible. I wrapped the Bible and slipped a piece of paper inside with a photo of the Guitar Hero game. He was so surprised and thrilled that I got both the Bible and Guitar Hero. The two of us have been rocking out after the girls go to bed. Thankfully, they're sound sleepers!! Here he is striking a pose with his two gifts.
Emily had her first experience with Vacation Bible School (VBS) last week. Our new church home had 750 kids in two sessions (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) attend VBS! How awesome is that? And, even more awesome...our Children's Minister announced that 71 children accepted Jesus as their savior this week! On Friday night, they had a family celebration where all the kids sang some of the songs that they learned. Emily had a great time all week and we had a great time at the family celebration! It made my heart so full to celebrate with our new church family! Here Emily is modeling her VBS t-shirt.
On the invitation to the VBS family celebration, it said to bring a picnic dinner. Emily was so excited to have a picnic dinner, but I was at a loss when it came to deciding what to take for our dinner. We finally decided on subs from Firehouse Subs. The kids meals came with these plastic fire chief hats! Thankfully, most everyone else arrived at the church with take out bags!