Monday, March 27

A Quick Update

We had guests at "Hotel P" arrive on Thursday and new guests are arriving tomorrow, so my blogging has been put on the back burner for a few days. Grandma and Grandpa arrived on Thursday and just left this morning. Since Chuck has been on this major push to complete a bunch of projects before having surgery, he put Grandpa to work. We now have a new -- much quieter -- fan in the master bathroom and a new mop sink in the garage. Ladies, let me tell ya, nothing lights the fire under your husband like the prospect of being laid up (and at your mercy) for several days! We also participated in our community's annual garage sale this weekend. After 4 hours and not thinking that we had much out, we ended up with a little over $100. Of course, that money is now gone after a trip to Kohl's this morning to get a few things for the girls!

Now, we're getting ready for our next guests. Grammy and Pop Pop are flying in tomorrow afternoon. They will be lending a hand with the girls and with Daddy after his shoulder surgery on Wednesday.

I'm not feeling very creative today since I got up at 5:30 AM to get ready to take Chuck to his post-op appointment. I have no idea how people get up at the crack of dawn and deal with rush hour traffic on a daily basis. After this morning's trip down the tollway, I understand why there is road rage. I will end my rambling for now because my glamorous life calls...I need to make the guest bed, fold our laundry, put away the girls laundry, make a grocery list, figure out what I'm going to feed my family for dinner tonight, finish the PTA newsletter and get the left over stuff from the garage sale in bags to drop off at Goodwill. Ah...the glamour!