Thursday, July 27

Thursday Thirteen #1











In an effort to post more often and not be under too much pressure to come up with something new here at the end of the summer, I've decided to participate in Thursday Thirteen. I'm starting off with a few (thirteen to be exact) random things about me.

1. I am an only child.
2. I moved from the Philadelphia area to Boston on my 32nd birthday. I had a job, but only knew one person before moving there.
3. I love the beach…especially beaches on the East coast.
4. I have déjà vu a lot. Most of the time when it happens, I don’t tell anyone about it.
5. I love sushi. When I lived in Boston, I ate sushi at least 3 – 4 times a week. There was a sushi restaurant a block from my apartment.
6. I am a perfectionist in some areas of my life and not so much in others.
7. I am a list writer…I have a list for everything!
8. I can’t stand to have my legs pinned down. It totally freaks me out to the point of hysteria!
9. I was a cheerleader in high school and college.
10. This is the first time since I got my first job at the age of 14 washing dishes in a restaurant that I haven’t had a paying job.
11. When I was a kid, I told a lady that I was adopted. My mom thinks that this is hysterical because if you ever saw my mom/know my mom, there is no mistaking that she gave birth to me – I look just like her.
12. I love to write with colored markers…especially Sharpies! I just love the Thursday Thirteen header that I chose to use today!
13. I’ve had several “careers” since I graduated from college sometime in the 1980s – Retail Management (this is actually what I received my Bachelors degree in…yes, there is such a thing!), Human Resources, Benefits Outsourcing Sales, HR software Marketing and Elementary School Teacher. I love my current career and title best of all – I’m the Chief Operating Officer of the [insert my last name here] Family.

There you have it! If you have any ideas or suggestions for what you would like to see in my next Thursday Thirteen, leave a comment! I have a list going (of course), but would love to hear your suggestions. Thursday Thirteen is all about getting to know each other a little better thirteen things at a time! Check out more here.