Wednesday, July 12

Works for Me Wednesday - Potty on the Go!











Wow! For some reason Wednesday just snuck up on me this week and I almost missed Works for Me Wednesday again. Better late than never!

For those of you in the midst of potty training or with young children who have to go when they have to go, this is a lifesaver! I carry this little potty in my car at all times. In the new minivan, it fits perfectly under the middle seat in the second row. Quite often Emily needs to go now because “pee pee is going to come out now, Mommy!” But at other times, it is just way easier to have her go potty in the car rather than trying to help her and keep 1 year old Mia contained in a public restroom. And, I don’t even have to discuss the state of most public restrooms…

So, we just pull out the potty and lay a diaper inside it. Emily sits down, does her thing, I clean her up with a wipe, roll up the diaper and we are on our way!
















I can’t take credit for thinking of this idea…I saw a mom using one in the parking lot at Sam’s Club long before Emily was potty trained, but I loved the idea so much that I bought the potty the next day at Babies R Us. I would have never thought to put a diaper inside it to make clean up a breeze!
















Works for me...and Miss Emily who is totally potty trained now! Whoohoo!

Go check out more Works-for-Me ideas over at Rocks in my Dryer! I am such a dork that I seriously can’t wait for the next Wednesday to roll around after I finish reading all the great ideas posted over at Shannon’s. I’ve put several tips into action already!