Sunday, November 26

Isn't It Ironic and Decking the Halls

This weekend while I was cleaning our bedroom, I decided to clean out and organize the drawer in my bedside table. I keep hand lotion and lip balm in there to use before I go to sleep as well as a few random books and magazines that I’m in the process of reading.

Way down at the bottom I discovered my copy of Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood. I bought this right before Emily turned two and she has been reaping the consequences…I mean benefits…ever since.
















When I picked up the book, I noticed a black smudge on the front. I wondered to myself what it was as I rubbed my finger over the mark. As I rubbed, I discovered that there was actually a lump underneath the smudge. Now, what could that be? I opened the front cover to discover this…
















Raisins and Cheerio's!

Believe it or not, this is not the handiwork of the child who you might think would do this…you know, my youngest child who mangles glasses. I know this because I do not allow the two of them have snacks in my bedroom. Obviously, I shouldn’t have let Emily have snacks in my room while I was in the shower!

I just had to laugh!

Decking the Halls...

We spent this weekend decorating for Christmas and I will post a few photos later this week. In the meantime, I want to share one of our favorite family traditions...

Each year Christmas since we have had Hattie (2002), we look forward to taking photos wearing the deer antlers. Before we had children, we would put them on Hattie and try to get her to sit still for a photo. Now we take photos of the children and ourselves wearing them! Isn't it a lovely heartwarming tradition?

Mia...in motion as usual!















Emily...striking a pose.




















Daddy...being his usual goofy self! Good thing he doesn't read my blog!




















No photo of Hattie this year...and no photo of me...we have our dignity!