Saturday, December 23

The Gift of True Friendship

Those who know me well know that I love quotes. I clip them and save them and use them to lift up myself and others. I recently came across this little gem…


There’s a miracle of friendship that
dwells within the heart
And you don’t know how it happens
or where it gets its start
But the happiness it brings you
always gives a special lift
And you realize that friendship
Is God’s most perfect gift.
~Anonymous




I am joyful because I have discovered the meaning of true friendship and received a perfect gift in five remarkable women. To look at the six of us together some may wonder how women with entirely different backgrounds could be so in tune with each other. We come from both coasts, the country and the city, two are true Texans, and four are transplanted Texans.

We have come together through a shared experience and have formed a bond that I have never known with another group of women. We are open and honest with each other. We never feel that we need to censor our thoughts when the six of us are together. We are free to say what’s on our mind without fear of being judged. We do not try to impress each other with material things, but each is generous. We laugh and cry together. We email each other minutes after getting home after just being together. We love each other deeply. We are sisters of the soul. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams to have friends like this. When someone struggles, the group instinctively knows and rallies around the sister in need. We cheer triumphs, mourn sorrows, and protect each other like fierce mama bears.

Merry Christmas, my soul sisters!