Monday, January 15

Just What Have I Been Doing?!

You would think that with the unusually bad weather and frigid temperatures that we’re having here in the south that I would be updating my blog(s) more often. Believe me when I say it’s not for a lack of topics and thoughts whirling around in my head. Unfortunately, my brain has not connected with my hands to write. However, I have been using my hands to create digital scrapbook pages…for my daughters’ and others.

I've posted a slideshow on my other blog (yes, a shameless ploy to get you to visit my other blog because I know that you don't have anything better to do with your day...) with a sampling of pages from the scrapbooks that I’ve created for Emily and Mia of our journeys to China. I’m so excited to have these books done and in their hands! It makes having conversations with them about adoption and China easier and a lot of fun.

By the way, I am also preparing to have surgery again. So, once again, I will be on the sofa o’ recovery and making frequent visits to Dr. Makes Me Sweat (and not in a good way). I’m looking forward to getting this over with, getting through the painful recovery process and enjoying pain free feet for the first time in a looooong time by this summer! Leading up to the surgery, I’m trying to get more things in order to help my parents take care of me and the girls that I didn’t think of back in September when I had the first surgery. And, since the girls turned 4 and 2 recently, we have a flurry of doctor’s appointments that need to get done before the surgery. Well child visits for both girls – done! Dentist appointment for Mia tomorrow…Mia to the lab on Wednesday to be tested for allergies…dentist appointment for Emily on Thursday…pre-op appointment for Mommy on Friday…ophthalmologist appointment for Mia on Monday…mammogram for Mommy on Wednesday…and surgery on Friday. Ah yes, the glamour and the fun never end!