Sunday, September 23

Back in the Swing

I'm back in the swing and on a digiscrapping roll! As I mentioned in my last post, I signed up to participate in a digiscrapping contest and it started this week. We got our first challenge to create a layout about our dream and we also had to use a brush in our layout. We post our layouts annonymously, but I'm pretty sure that none of the contest judges read my blog. I created this layout.

Credits: Everything is from the Stand Up and Scrap kit except for the alpha brush that I used to make the word "DREAM", which is from You're Beautiful by Christy Lyle. Both can be found at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

After I posted my layout, I looked at all the other designs in my category (Intermediate - no option for a Beginners category) and was blown away by the extravegant things that others are creating. Most of the time, I like to keep my layouts pretty simple without a lot of embellishment. Maybe this will give me courage to experiment a little more!


Speaking of experimenting... I've been experimenting with feathering the edges of photos. I like the way that the photo of Pooh Bear and Lumpy looked on this background paper after I feathered it. I think that I need to add a bit of journaling to this layout. One afternoon, Emily and Mia were quite busy playing upstairs. When I went to check on them, they had set up this elaborate picnic for Pooh and Lumpy.

Credits: Everything is from Shabby Tea Party by ShabbyPrincess.
And, I just finished this two page layout of photos from Emily's first day of school.
Top Layout Credits: Background paper from You're Beautiful by Christy Lyle (recolored);All other elements from Summer Picnic by SaraAmarie (denim photo mats frayed with Atomic Cupcake action, frame and denim tab recolored)
Bottom Layout Credits: Background paper from You're Beautiful by Christy Lyle (recolored);Denim photo mats, denim pocket, flower and button from Summer Picnic by SaraAmarie (denim photo mats frayed with Atomic Cupcake action; pocket recolored), Notebook paper from Fresh Start by ksharonk; Measuring tape from School Daze by ksharonk.
Summer Picnic and You're Beautiful can be found at Sweet Shoppe Designs.