Wednesday, September 19

Projects and Whatnot

I can't believe that three weeks has passed since my last post! What in the world have I been doing that I haven't posted? It doesn't seem like a whole lot, but we've been busy!

  • I've driven Emily to and from school 11 times...adding approximately 330 miles to my van's odometer.
  • Chuck and I started a Bible study in 1 Peter.
  • I had several orders for Ribbonlicious Bag Tags and Bible Bookmarks.
  • I'm getting ready to participate in an event for women with home based businesses...I'm so excited about this opportunity!
  • I have started to make lists and prepare for our vacation...only 17 more days until our departure!
  • I signed up to participate in a digital scrapbooking contest. This is a first for me and today the first challenge was posted. I have an idea sketched out on notebook paper (another first for me), but I haven't actually started it yet. I have until Tuesday to submit my layout. I hope that I can get it to work in Photoshop the way that it looks in my head!
  • I've gone shopping for fall clothes for the girls and myself hoping that the weather will soon be cooler.
  • I've cleaned out and organized the coat closet and Mia's closet. I still need to tackle my closet and the guest room closet. How do they get cluttered up so quickly?

Nothing too exciting, but it all sure does fill up my days very quickly!

Here are photos of a little project that I'm working on for our vacation. I wanted the girls to have autograph books for our trip so they can get autographs from the characters that we meet at Walt Disney World. Of course, I didn't want them to be like everyone else's autograph book, so I've been on the lookout for blank books that I could embellish. I found these 6 x 6 scrapbooks at Wal-Mart with foam covers for $3.97 each.

I made personalized covers in Photoshop, cut them out and glued them on the front.Added a bit of ribbon (of course!) and they are done.I think that I'm going to give them a coat of acrylic sealer tomorrow to protect the cover design. And, then they'll be done!


For the autograph book project, I used the following: Background papers and papers used for Mickey ears and index card and ribbone from Sherbert kit by Pillowgirl. Black and white ribbon on Emily's book from Stand Up & Scrap kit by C Renee. Tinkerbell, pixy dust and word art by me.