Monday, January 21

Lifelong Friendship

Last night, my darling husband got the girls ready for bed while I finished reading a book. There are few books that I’ve found hard to put down. But, I could not put down Cassandra King’s The Same Sweet Girls until I finished it!

The novel is about six women who would not have met or been likely to become friends if were not for a common location that brought them together (college roommate assignments). The novel begins when they are all in their 50s facing major life challenges. It is a wonderful novel about the friendship and relationships and good times and bad times and weaknesses and strengths and heartache and determination of a group of women who are all so different and who cannot imagine life without each other.

It’s a wonderful book that I highly recommend that you read and then, share with the same sweet girls in your life.

A few other books that I could not put down...
Safely Home by Randy Alcorn
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb

What are some of your “couldn’t put it down until I finished it” books?