Wednesday, August 16

WFMW - Early Mornings and Coffee

First of all, I have to admit that I appear to be incapable of handling two hobbies! I have been lax in my blogging posts because I have been a digital scrapbooking fool. I have overcome my Photoshop Elements brain block (see #9 here and the breakthrough here) and have completed 20 pages since my breakthrough on August 4!

Now on to what works for me…it is actually a two part WFMW. The first is my Cuisinart Coffee On Demand Programmable Coffeemaker. I set it up at night to automatically begin brewing at 6 AM. I need to have my coffee as soon as I walk out of my bedroom door. I know, it’s a sad addiction, but it is just the way it is and even my 3 year old knows that “Mommy is no good without her coffee!” Setting up the coffee maker is part of my evening routine. If I get in bed and remember that something kept me from setting up the coffee maker, I will get out of bed to set it up so that it will be brewing when I get up the next morning.

I just started the second part of my WFMW last week. My darling 3 year old woke up at 5:30 AM one morning. I ended up leaving her room close to 6 AM after getting her calmed down (she couldn’t find her blankie in her bed). I was wide awake at this point, so I figured that I might as well stay up. I started the coffee maker because at this point it was still set to start brewing at 7 AM. I enjoyed a cup of coffee and spent some time cleaning up the clutter that had accumulated on my desk. The next morning, I read a magazine that I found in the clutter the day before. The next morning, I surfed some blogs. I have felt great and am actually less tired during the day! I used to wake up naturally around 6 AM every day, but would doze until the girls would wake up sometime between 7 and 7:30 AM. I think that dozing was making me more tired…sounds silly doesn’t it?

So getting up when my body tells me it’s time to get up, enjoying time to myself in the morning before my two munchkins start making demands, and making sure that my coffee is brewed in my Coffee On Demand Coffeemaker (isn’t that name just perfect?!) when I take the ten steps from my bedroom door to my kitchen counter…WORKS FOR ME!

Have a blessed day! And, be sure to head over to Rocks in my Dryer for some really great WFMW tips. I've already printed out a recipe and made a list of some new music that I want to check out...see what I can accomplish when I get up at 6 AM!

Sorry no photos or header today...Blogger won't let me post images AGAIN! Updated to note that my friend Erin hooked me up with Firefox to load photos to blogger. Thanks E!